Tuesday, November 13, 2012

Review: Amika Ceramic Styler & Ouidad Curl Quencher

I have been in search of a curling tool for a couple of months now. I have read reviews and watch youtube constantly in order to learn on ways to do curl on my mid length hair. I came across brands like GHD, Babyliss, Conair, Remington, Chi, Amika and etc. Sadly, none of those brands are available in Malaysia except for Amika and thanxs to Sephora...

I have bought a styler/straightener from Philips couple of months ago but i find that it is not good enough. I was strugling with it and never get the springy curls that i want. It leaves my hair dry, frizzy and with burned-like smell. I knew something is not right. I'll damage my hair in the long run.

When i saw Amika in Sephora, i was so excited coz i know this brand is a professional brand. But now i have 2 issues, one being that it is RM350 for a curling tool (it's so hard to justify this). It is expensive in comparison with other brands like Panasonic, Philips or Vidal sasson which is in the range of RM150-RM250 ish. The other issue is i am torn between the Amika Styler or the Amika Curling Wand. I need a tool that can provide me with big luscious curls without damaging my hair.... Pffttttt......

After much convincing and consulting from Husband, i chose the Amika Styler as it can give me a nicer curls compared to the loose waves from a curling wand. I actually got it on the last day of 20% Sephora Members Sale. The styler is much more versatile as i can use it to do curls or to straighten my hair. I also bought the Ouidad Curl Quencher to hold my curls..



This is what written on the box for Amika Styler:
The Amika Ceramic Styler is a powerful professional tool that can be used to create straight, wavy and curly styles. The high quality materials and advanced technology make it gentle on hair and incredibly easy to use. The floating plates adjust as you style which allows you to go beyond straightening and create wavy and curly styles. The floating plates create a smoother styling process so that there is no tugging or breaking. The Styler delivers silky, soft, healthy hair and the same results you expect from a professional salon experience. The result is faster and more effective styling but without the damage of conventional heat styling tools.

Product Specs:
100% solid ceramic plates, floating plates adjust during styling, far infrared heat is much gentler on the hair, negative ions seal the cuticle for frizz free results, adjustable temperature 80 to 230 degrees Celcius, 9 foot 360 swivel cord, heats up and is ready to use in less than a minute and easy grip heat resistant surface.



Overall i am happy with this purchase as it gives me a nice curls and wavy styles, no more burning smell on my hair, more soft and bouncy curls and it protects my hair from over expose of heat from other curler tools. The only bad thing is i definitely need to use the Loreal Elnett spray and Ouidad Curl Quencher after that. Plus point, it comes with a nice pink-black laced pattern that is so girly.



On the other note, the Ouidad Curl Quencher has a very nice scent to it and it does not leave white residue on my hair. After applying it, i scrunch my curls and leave it to dry... Easy peasy..

I hope Sephora will bring in a bigger diameter curling wand as that is next in my wish list...

*wink wink*

No comments:

Post a Comment