Thursday, October 4, 2012

Review: Smoked Vs Vice (Urban Decay Palette)

Oh my... Finally they hit Malaysian shores in late September.. I was super excited for the arrival but the thought of buying two palettes in one month, is just crazy... As a result, i choose Smoked to add up to my collection as it arrives earlier than the other palette. The reason behind this is because i really love Urban Decay's 24/7 glide liner in Perversion and Mushroom eyeshadow. Both come in this palette and as a bonus, Smoked also comes with a step by step smokey eyes how-to (12 different looks altogether). Great for beginner like me....


A few days has passed and yet, I am still on cloud nine when my bestie, NNR, asked me to accompany her to Sephora in Starhill for the Vice palette (a day after the pre-launch). In my mind, i was psychoing myself not to buy it as i know it is very tempting. I really like the teal/ turquoise colour... ohhhh noooo... At the same time, i really want to see the palette...

While we were browsing the sample palette, she pops the question...

Mas, i am getting you the Vice palette for your Birthday, ok?

I was too stunned to say anything.. I told her she don't have to, but she insist..

OMG!!!!

I literally jump with joy and made a scene in Sephora.. People must think that i'm nuts!!

Thankyou Thankyou Thankyou NNR...

She even bought one for herself and we pledge to put a good use out of it...



Minus the gorgeous bag on the left, Sephora/Urban Decay are giving out mystery gift when you purchase more than RM250 on UD's products together with the palette. In the mystery gift, which comes in a golden bag are deluxe samples of All Nighter Spray, Primer Potion and Curling Mascara. Good, i really want to try them anyway....


I must say both palettes are unique in their own way.

Smoked will appeal much more to those who are crazy for the smokey eyes look (who doesn't?) Especially if you are the type who wants to try the coloured smokey eyes.. I love the darker shade of green, royal blue and dark purple.. The eyeshadows are pigmented, blend well, better formula compared to naked palette, and the blackest black Perversion liner just complete the entire look. It is selling for RM180.


On the other hand, Vice comes in a whopping 20 new shades. They are gorgeous. Some are more pigmented than the others, which with just one swipe or dab i can see the exact same colour transfer from the palette to my lids. That is a good thing. It's not powdery.. I am already imagining few looks that i can create with this palette (nude coloured lid with mermaid blue under eye). It is a good buy. I was expecting it to be in the range of RM230-ish as for the conversion and Sephora jacking on the price, but i was wrong, it is priced at RM199...


Swatches on my hands..
First row is from Vice
Second row from Smoked
I purposely swatched Smoked colours that are about similar to the first row of Vice. Can you spot the difference?


In comparison, some of the colours may look the same from Vice and Smoked, but they are actually not. Example like the nude shades, purples and greys..


Swatches on a piece of tissue.


Overall, i love both palettes as both emphasize on different look or colours. I just don't fancy some of the matte colours as it is too similar to my skintone. Both palettes are from the new formula and hope i may not get a lot of fall out from the shimmers.

I love love love both of them... My babies....

What's your review on these? Love to hear from you....



5 comments:

  1. you should check out my post with comparisons! great job :)

    vickyhoang.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ohhhh... I have... It's great! Thank you for reading Dear...

      Delete
  2. hi, it seem that those of you here are fans of urban decay.

    how many of you would love to see a shop dedicated to urban decay product only?

    i mean, In Sephora, they house over 100 brands of makeup, fragrances, skincare and hair care.

    i feel that Urban decay should deserve to get a shop selling their products only. and a shop designed to their style.

    would love some feed back .

    chincwcn@hotmail.com

    ReplyDelete